30-Day Squat Challenge & Calendar
If you want to tone your booty and gain muscle (which naturally burns more calories than fat by the way!) consider doing a squats challenge. I’m going to level with you here, it’s definitely hard to do, but with the following tips you might just Hulk on through it.
Squat Challenge Tips and Tricks
1. Sign up for an official Squat Challenge. [We no longer offer the following] Check out the free 30-Day GUIDED Squat Challenge that begins at the beginning of every month. Sign ups close at the end of the month, so the sooner you sign up, the better. We send you a daily email reminder, provide a Squats Headquarters area where you can document your progress, link you with a virtual challenge buddy who gives you tips each day, and provide a customizable Squat Challenge Calendar. It’s designed to gradually build your bikini-ready booty as well as instill a long-term healthy habit into your daily routine.
2. Find a squats challenge partner or group. Make sure they are as excited to get fit as you are. Having that partner in crime will hold you accountable and keep you motivated. I mean, you can’t just quit and leave your friend hanging! It also gives you a buddy to commiserate with on the especially hard days. Tell your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, email, or in person (people still do that?) that you’re starting this challenge, tell them how it’s going, and especially tell them when you’ve successfully completed the entire challenge.
3. Take 30-second breaks every 20-30 squats (or after an amount that is comfortable to you) to help get you through, especially when they get up into the triple digits.
4. Use a calendar that is specially designed for your squats challenge. It will give you a visual of your completion date and you’ll be able to say, “One week down!”, “Half-way done!”, or “One day left!!”. There is something so satisfying about crossing another day off the calendar when you’re accomplishing something as hardcore as a fitness challenge. Personally, with these calendars I may also write in any other exercise I do that day, what I ate, how I felt, and I might record my weight every Saturday.
This particular calendar starts you off on a Sunday and has strategically-placed rest days to facilitate maximum butt-tonage! Either click on it & save the image to your desktop to print it out or click on the link and use Adobe Reader. Hang it where you can see it and check off each day of squats you accomplish. I have the numbers indicating what day of the challenge you are on (not the day of the month) and I begin it on a Sunday, but you may begin whenever you like. In fact, just begin right now!
How To Do A Proper Squat
It is very important to have proper form while doing squats to avoid pulled muscles or hurting oneself.
1. Make sure your feet are shoulder-width apart (feet may be pointed outward slightly) and that you keep your heels down as you go through your squat.
2. As you lower yourself down, your butt will move backward so that your knees are not protruding over your feet.
3. Keep your head up and do not round your back. Keep your chest up and shoulders back.
4. Go down until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
5. When you push up out of your squat, engage your core, keep your chest up, and squeeze those buns!
Have fun and keep up the good work! Every day that you make good choices is another day closer to your goals!